Best new york style delicious homemade pizza recipe

New York-style pizzas are popular everywhere for their thin crusts, balanced sauces, and coffee cheeses. On average, New York pizzas are about 18 inches in diameter, making them an ideal meal for many pizza lovers.


new-york-style-pizza
new york style pizza

(Note: The quantity here has been slightly updated)

For flour

  • 2 1/4 cups (530 ml) of warm water.
  • 1 tablespoon sugar (12 grams) sugar.
  • 1 tablespoon (9 grams) active dry yeast.
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil.
  • 1 tablespoon (18 g) kosher salt.
  • 5 cups (600 grams) of bread flour, more for making flour.
  • Excess oil for kneading flour
  • Corn flour, semolina flour, or whole wheat flour for dusting.


For the sauce

  • 1 28 oz (828 ml) can crush tomatoes (I like the paste 'Kitchen Ready')
  • 2-4 tablespoons (30-60 ml) of olive oil.
  • 1 tablespoon (4 g) sugar.
  • 2 tablespoons (one gram, I don't know) of dry oregano.


For cheese

  • 24-32 oz. (680-910 g) whole milk,
  • low-moisture mozzarella, freshly chopped (6-8 oz / 170-225 g per pizza)
  • Parmesan chopped for dusting (maybe 10 g per pizza?)


Best new york pizza

In a large bowl, mix the water, sugar, and yeast to start the dough and let it sit for a few minutes. If the yeast foams, it's alive and you're good to go (if it doesn't, it's dead and you need new yeast). Add olive oil and salt and 5 cups (600 grams) of bread flour.

Just mix until smooth, then start kneading. Add enough extra flour (not too sticky) to keep the dough viable and knead until you spread the dough on a thin sheet without tearing. (Note: You may need to add a lot of flour. The amount I give here is just a baseline to get you started.)

Divide the dough into four equal balls and place them in four containers (preferably glass) and lightly coat the balls and the inside of the container with olive oil. Cover, and either rise to room temperature for two hours or keep them in the refrigerator and let them rise for 1-7 days. (I prefer long, cold heights.)

When you want to bake, place the pizza stone or pizza steel in the oven (mine works best on a high rack position, but each oven is different) and heat it to the maximum temperature, ideally before the competition.


Pizza sauce recipe

For the sauce, just mixes the ingredients.  Freely wash the pizza shells with a corn mill (or something similar). Remove the cooled dough from the fridge and add to the flour. Drag to a wide size and shape that will fit your shells and stone/steel. Top with enough sauce to lightly coat the surface. Wash the sauce layer with parmesan, then cover with mozzarella. Transfer the pizza to a stone/steel and cook until the crust is well browned and the cheese is slightly browned (but ideally, the layer of orange grease has not started to form), 6-7 minutes ۔


Make New York-style pizza in your home kitchen

All you need is a bowl - ideally a large bowl with a wide base. About two and a half cups of warm water then some sugar - a tablespoon. Some may say it's too much. I don't think it makes the dough sweet. However, it helps crust brown at-home oven temperatures, which would be lower than a professional oven temperature. That is our real challenge.

One teaspoon of active dry yeast goes. Mix it, and let it sit for five minutes. Give the yeast a chance to re-hydrate and eat some sugar from there and be productive and grow. It's called blooming, and it's not necessary. The dough will rise regardless.

The reason people do this is to see if their yeast is still alive and guess what was dead. This yeast is no more; it has ceased to exist. It has expired, and he has gone to see his maker.


Dough recipe active dry yeast new york-style pizza


Best-new-york-style-pizza
pizza new york style


So let's try it again with fresh yeast. I will add some olive oil. Maybe it's two spoons or something? Some experts do not use oil in their flour. Again, I think it helps crust brown in the home oven. Then a tablespoon of salt goes into it. Some say it will kill the yeast. This is a myth. Sure, with enough salt and plenty of time, you'll kill the yeast, but it won't.

Now the flour. I use bread flour. You can use it for all purposes; it will not be so chewed and stretched. There is even more protein flour that you can buy on the internet, but it is available at every grocery store. I start with five cups. Sure, it's not the right way to measure flour, but it's just a starting point. I will add more flour when we knead.

I usually just bring it with a spatula or something, then hold my hand there and knead. You can take it out, and knead it on the table, but with such a nice wide bowl, you can keep the dirt completely in the bowl. I'm just collecting it then, pushing my body weight behind my palm. When it gets so sticky that I can't really work with it, I'll sprinkle a little more flour - as little as possible. I really prefer wet flour these days.

They make it light and crisp. The only downside is that they are sticky and difficult to work with. Therefore, I am adding minimal flour to make it work. Test to see if it is ready to see if you can make it very thin without tearing a piece of it. It's not ready yet. By the way, some professionals will say that if you are going to use oil in your flour, you should add it at this stage instead of at the beginning.

basic new york style pizza dough recipe

They say you have to let the flour hydrate before you can introduce fat. The problem with this is that it is difficult to knead the oil into a dough that is already smooth and elastic, especially when you are kneading by hand. I've done it both ways, and I don't think the structure of the finished product is practically different. I don't think it makes much difference to this lean flour.


Well, I knead it for 10 minutes and I can think about it without tearing.

That's enough flour for four home-sized pizzas, so I've got four containers here, big enough to double the size of a ball of flour. I'm putting a little olive oil in each one.

Then you can use a scale to divide it into four equal balls, or you can do the things that I usually do these days, which is to tear the ball in half, then divide each ball. Cutting for weight. If one feels heavy, transfer some dough to another ball.

One of them goes back to the bowl, then we do the same. Tear it in half, lift the balls for weight, then it's time to make them reasonably smooth and round. It doesn't really matter what kind of wet dough it is because it's going to be a little bit in the container no matter what we do.

Then what I do is use the ball like a paintbrush to get the oil inside the cups. In the process, the balls heal themselves and are covered in oil. Very efficient system. The oil helps prevent the balls from drying out, which is especially important if you keep them in the fridge for a week, as I do. It also helps you get it out of containers later, and a thick coating of oil on the surface, again, helps crust brown at home oven temperatures, because the oil has such an efficient thermal interface.

Cover them, and then you can pick them up for a few hours and cook them, or I just throw them straight in the fridge. Some people raise them slightly to room temperature before refrigerating. I think it almost doesn't matter, and that way you can throw them away and forget about them. I make my own dough when I'm not hungry, and then after at least 24 hours in the cold, it's ready and I can bake one super easily and quickly whenever I want. They are already divided.

Although, I think they basically get better because they last up to a week in the fridge. The right time to cook. You need a hot surface to bake, and I recently changed from a stone to steel. Steel is more thermally conductive. It will be very thermally conductive for a 1000 degree wood-fired oven, but for a home oven, it is best. I recently started putting it in the second-highest rack position. I think it's best to brown the top, but every oven is different.

You want to heat your oven as much as it can. For me, this connection is 550 Fahrenheit on the roast setting. And I'll preheat my steel for an hour. You can reduce it, but it does give me significantly more brown, crisp crust, and electricity is extraordinarily cheap in the United States.

Okay, now cheese. One of the things that makes this style of pizza different from calling it Neapolitan pizza is the low-moisture mozzarella. If you use fresh mozzarella, you can use a little bit of it, otherwise, your pizza will get soaked in the whey. That's why Neapolitan pizza only has pieces of cheese.

New York is a solid layer of pizza. It is very easy to find part-skim low-moisture bananas, but the whole version of milk tastes much better, and it is very difficult to find. I could mold it into sticky rose string cheese. It was hard to wrap, but it was good cheese.

Now they only have a partial skim type on my store, so I'm struggling to find alternatives. All of this Walmart milk is low-moisture bananas. It's not a great cheese, but it's the right style. I would say, beware of this poly-O cheese, which many people like for pizza, but the cheese they sell at retail, I wouldn't call it low-moisture cheese. This is mainly moderate humidity.

When I taste them, not only is the low-moisture cheese on the left significantly dry, but it's also tangerine, which is key. Poly-O makes whole milk low-moisture cheese for pizza, but only for 7.5 pounds in these large bread for commercial use.

This is a different kind of cheese you will find in grocery stores, although it may be at your daily counter. Truth be told, if you live in a big city, you probably have better options than I do. This Walmart cheese is what I got today.

how to make new york style pizza dough

That's a pound. I make about 7 ounces on my pizza, so it's a little more than I need two pizzas. And again, this would mean that you have to spend on these processes. I have found that at least if I keep the cheese cool, it is less likely to overheat and squeeze the layer of orange fat before it has a chance to brown in the oven. All right, sauce.

The new york-style pizza I'm talking about here is street food. It's cheap. It's usually made with canned sauce products - a popular Phil Red with new york pairings, which comes in # 10 canned for commercial use only. This is about 7 pounds of sauce.

Here, far, far away, is the closest thing I can find to American grocery stores: Piston Kitchen Ready Crushed Tomatoes. Really nice. It's very strong - I don't need to mix it with tomato paste. I added a pinch of sugar, some dried oregano, and a lot of olive oil. I like fresh oil in pizza sauce, but you do. A four or five-ounce box in a 28-ounce box is enough. I just got enough sauce for a pizza.

The important thing is not to cook this sauce before going to the pizza. Canned food is already slightly cooked - canned heat is needed. If you overcook your sauce, you may lose the luster that is the key to this style. You end up with a flavor that reminds me more of lasagna than a pizza. This is my pizza shell. You need something big and flat to polish the pizza on steel.

I used to do it with a cardboard sheet in college. You need granular material to keep it from sticking, and I'm back to using corn mills. I know I said I didn't like it, but I don't know. It's traditional in my mind and for some reason, I like it, even though I don't really like it.

What I do now is put a plate in there, and then some flour on the plate. I pulled the dough straight out of the fridge. I don't heat it before working with it. This is a very wet dough, and the cold helps to harden it. I take it out, at least by default, and then coat it with flour. I didn't use this step, but then, wet dough - it has to stop sticking. And yes, I know how to throw a pizza in the air.

I still just like to do gravity. I just wrap around the edge which forms a thick cornice while the rest of the dough falls off and spreads naturally. It is, most importantly, cleaner than throwing it in the air. I think it gives you a little more control, and no, it doesn't give you a perfect circle as the centrifugal force does, but guess what, I don't want a full circle. I would like a dimension

One of the features of the new york-style pizza is that it is wide enough to give you foldable slices. And it's basically as thin as you can get it. In the home oven, I can make a wide, thin pizza if I let it oval. The sauce moves forward, smoothing it out with the back of a spoon. I usually feel that if I add a little less sauce than I used to, it will taste better.

New York pizza dough recipe quick

You have to remember how thin it is. For flavor, I think sprinkling a little chopped parsnip under the banana layer is key. Some New York-style places do; others don't. I think it adds a lot, and you can put it up later if you want. Then the bananas. I know that if I start by sprinkling it around the edge first and then work my way up, it divides me the most. If that doesn't seem right to me, then that's right.

Then, very soon, before the dough sticks to the wood, bring it to the oven. Just a little sparkle to make sure it's being released, and then pinch it to the steel. A pizza that is thinly baked in the oven, this hot cook really fast, 6 or 7 minutes. This is a game of chicken with cheese. I want to wait until I get as much color as possible, but before it starts to heat up and squeeze out its fat.

Instead of peeling the pizza, I usually grab it by the tongs and pull it straight onto the cooling rack. The main reason I do this is that I can make the next pizza on the shell while it's cooking, but I also think it's a little cleaner, and I like to rest the pizza on the rack. It keeps the crust crisp.

When it cools down a bit, it is solid enough to cut cleanly. I honestly don't think pizza cutters are good tools for the house, because when you use them on small cutting boards at home, they can fall off the edge and damage the table.

For a pizza of this size, a good old chef's knife is the perfect tool, and it's safer that gives you more control. Now, look at how brown the bottom is. You can even see some leopards like they go into a wood-fired brick oven. I never got it from the pizza stone in the home oven with just one steel.

It's really delicious. This is the flavor I grew up with, and if you make your own dough in advance, it's a very easy family meal for Saturday night. Delicious homemade new york style pizza dough recipe that is new york style pizza?

Raspberry marinated chicken recipe

New York-style pizza near me

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.